Thursday, February 19, 2009

act. 1 - unit 6

So the question that I'm being asked is if it's okay to get involved in other people's business. Most of the time, you should keep your mouth shut and just not get involved, because of two things. One, is that you honestly don't know what you're getting yourself into and what the repercussions are. Two is that sometimes it's hard to tell if the people even want you in their business, so just to be on the safe side, just stay to your self. There are those unique situation where someone asks for your opinion or your help, and when that time comes, if you feel alright about it, then more power to you. You just really have to think about it from your prospective (obviously), but also from the other person's, and about what will happen in the end (and the effect of that on you).
One situation where I have gotten into someone else's business was when two of my friends were fighting, and I was trying to help them work it out, but as I pushed and pushed my way into the situation, there were a lot of things that I shouldn't have found out..and didn't want to know. By the time i realized that I should have stayed out of it, it was too late, and I almost lost a good friend.

2 comments:

brad said...

Laura, you seem to have a solid understanding of what it means to become involved in others business. Your post reflects clarity and is well thought out. However, you need to answer one of the main questions which is telling a personal story of when you or someone around you butted into someone's business.

17/20

brad said...

Good revision, i agree situations like this are tough, especially when your trying to do something good for everybody.

20/20